Saturday, April 4, 2009

Call Hunter - find out who is calling you!

Ok, now this is a website that I really like. There is nothing I hate more than having a call come in from a number that I am not familiar with and does not include the callers name. I think to myself, have I missed a bill somewhere and someone is calling to collect? Is this a friends second line that I am not familiar with? I do not want to answer but my curiousity sometimes gets the best of me and I pick up only to find out that it is some telemarketer trying to sell me a subscription to something I have no interest in. This is where Call Hunter comes in.

Call Hunter lets you to plug in any number and do a little research before you pick up. It will tell you the location of the number and show information from real people who have had experience with the number in the past. The site is free to view as well as post your own experiences with particular phone numbers. You do not need to leave any personal information or even an email address. Just post a bit of information on who called and for what reason. It is a great way to help fight back against telemarketers and collection agencies!

I really like this service and it has already come in handy! So take a look and try it out for yourself!

Check out Call Hunter here!

10 comments:

  1. This is a good idea. Anyone who likes this would also like donotcall.gov.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really interesting. We all hate to get disturbed by such agents. Hope people contribute to that site to help each other out from getting disturbed by such agents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. I just received one of those annoying calls that I would like to have avoided. I plan on using this tool in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really that is very great.It will be very helpful for people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like something I would be interested in !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although the domain name is unique, I don't really think this is a unique idea. There are several other "reverse telephone directory" websites already out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I know I could use it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Call Hunter is just want I need. For me, if the phone ring, most of the time I have no choice but to answer it because it might be from someone important. I have gophone and telemarketers and collection agencies are big problems for me. I'm so frustrated with unwelcome calls that I rarely give out my phone numbers anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great service... I don't answer any phone call that doesn't list the caller ID... if it's blocked, I let it go to voicemail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thia service really sounds promising. I think I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete